A Full Recovery

Bench racing, smack talking, and general chit chat
jshiloff
WHRRI Member Number: 476

A Full Recovery

Post by jshiloff » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:47 pm

Thanks to all who helped make a near disaster day into a pretty good run. Pavement falling apart on Thursday and Friday,,Ajax Paving working their ass off on Saturday,,Patch not fully setup on early Sunday morning, and into a fun filled successful day for most A special thanks to Ron Kranz ,Jerry Pintar ,Bruce MacDonald and all of the workers.
THANKS TO ALL
Jerry Shiloff
Chief Steward

Brian
WHRRI Member Number: 1843

Re: A Full Recovery

Post by Brian » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:57 pm

I'll second Jerry's thought, and add that it never ceases to amaze me how deep the talent pool of our Club is......and how well as a team we respond in the face of adversity!
"A nation which makes great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."

Thucydides, 460 B.C.

Bruce Race

Post by Bruce Race » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:51 pm

I agree....a great group of people we have running, and racing at "Our Place"!!!! Thanks to everyone , and to the patient racer's who braved the weekend......Bruce Mac, D.O.R.

surratta
WHRRI Member Number: 2595

Post by surratta » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:13 am

you all have my gratitude. unfortunately, I don't know exactly who you all are. I know Ron and Jerry P were certainly in the eye of the storm. I know Suzy was there getting info out to the world. and JB, and Bruce Mac... I kinda wish I knew more. I can guess at the usual suspects, and I'd probably be pretty close... I know most of the people around there are in it for what I'd call "the right reasons" and don't seek any attention. but then in times like this, you risk going unappreciated.

I know for damn sure you guys had a lousy couple of days on our behalf, and when I got to the track on sunday it was almost like nothing was up.

thank you!
Andrew Surratt, Resident Troll