SATURDAY of race 3 CANCELLED

Bench racing, smack talking, and general chit chat
Brian
WHRRI Member Number: 1843

SATURDAY of race 3 CANCELLED

Post by Brian » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:09 pm

I heard of this elsewhere, and thought this needed to be on the Forum as well;

"THE OFFICIAL DECISION HAS BEEN MADE. SATURDAY RACING HAS BEEN CANCELLED. WE WILL BE RACING ON SUNDAY. UPDATES TO FOLLOW. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE."

Mods please alter as you see fit, as more information comes to light....

Brian
"A nation which makes great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."

Thucydides, 460 B.C.

Brian
WHRRI Member Number: 1843

Re: SATURDAY of race 3 CANCELLED

Post by Brian » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:08 pm

Here are more details, from an email;

"Hi Flaggers,

There is no racing on Saturday, June 29. We noticed on Friday some of the corners were starting to break up. The decision was made today to cancel racing tomorrow. Ajax had a logistics problem with material and where it was. They found it in North Carolina. It's on the way. Work starts about 8:30 - 9 am and should be done by 2 or 3 pm. They want 12 hours before the repairs are driven on. Everyone is welcome to come out and watch Ajax do the work and have cupcakes while they last. If I don't send you an email by 5 pm on Saturday, we are racing on Sunday. Reporting times are the same as always.

The cupcakes are from the dinner we were having on Saturday. That's been moved to RW #4. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this causes. If you have any questions, just ask.

See Ya,
Chip"
"A nation which makes great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."

Thucydides, 460 B.C.