New track report from V2 motorsports

Bench racing, smack talking, and general chit chat
38Bfast

New track report from V2 motorsports

Post by 38Bfast » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:27 pm

A few things we have learned on the new track at diver school.

Its very very smooth

It's fast. I think 1 second + . John Blanchard thinks 1.5 to 2 seconds fast. Students in a SM were in the 16s

This is the big one for me. Tire wear seamed to be 2x to 3x better. We seen no tire goobers on the car and none on the rim. Not even shavings. On SM tires we would see 8 sessions max before we would see cords, We went 23 cycles and there was still rubber on the tires. John Blanchard seen similar improvement on his A sedans. Also the track did not see the pile up of rubber off line. When they swept the track it was just a light dusting. So it will cost less to race at waterford.

The curbing is much softer at apex and track out.

all the sight cues are gone.
V2 Motorsports
Ralph Provitz
2008 Spec Miata Champion
2008 WH top 10
38 DSR
Ralph@v2motorsports.com

2BWise

Re: New track report from V2 motorsports

Post by 2BWise » Thu May 02, 2019 8:06 am

Any word on how the new surface is affecting vehicle balance; any more of a tendency toward oversteer or understeer with the same setup? I am not sure driver's school would give the best read on that, but if anyone has been out there for other events I'd be curious to know.

Racing Stuff

Re: New track report from V2 motorsports

Post by Racing Stuff » Thu May 02, 2019 10:26 am

Bill, It's a new "green" track. It's going to change after it's been "conditioned", so I wouldn't expect there is a correct answer yet !
Keith
Averill Racing Stuff
248-585-9139
http://www.racing-stuff.com