OTD question: One car in two groups?

Bench racing, smack talking, and general chit chat
Sprite23

OTD question: One car in two groups?

Post by Sprite23 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:46 am

Planning to attend next Saturday with a Mark 1 Sprite that we are getting ready to race again. I'm wondering if it's possible to sign up to drive it in two groups so that both my father in law and I can participate. We'd need to be able to get it off the track from one group in time to queue/grid for the next group. I'm currently signed up for HDPE-1.

TIA!

Brian
WHRRI Member Number: 1843

Re: OTD question: One car in two groups?

Post by Brian » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:08 pm

We generally make sure that the novice-oriented (White and Yellow) Groups have some space in between them, so if that's a good match for you guys (we group you by driver experience, not what hardware you bring) you're probably all set.

If not, bring it up at Registration and we can help you then!
"A nation which makes great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."

Thucydides, 460 B.C.

Sprite23

Post by Sprite23 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:42 pm

Great, thank you. I figured we could just show up and you'd help us out.

The Sprite was raced extensively at Waterford (and elsewhere) from from 79-85, by my father in law. So he's experienced but it's been a while. I'm a newbie signed up for race school. We're really excited to get it back on the track.

Brian
WHRRI Member Number: 1843

Post by Brian » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:09 pm

Hey, so how did it go today with the Sprite?

I saw that it did actually come off the trailer and get some track time......bummer that the weather was so cold, windy and WET!
"A nation which makes great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."

Thucydides, 460 B.C.

Sprite23

Post by Sprite23 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:36 am

Hey Brian, thanks for checking back.

Our original plan was to have it there on Saturday so we could both get some track time. Unfortunately, two balky fuel pumps cost us about 3/4 of a day on Thursday and we didn't have it ready for Saturday. It's amazing how much time can get burned up driving around town looking for a fuel pump that will work on a 60 year old car setup for racing :)

My father in law did take it out Sunday...in the cold rain and sleet...while I was in my classroom day of school. He spun it in a corner then got black flagged for an oil leak that, well, we can't find one anywhere. Anyway, it put a huge smile on my face when I got back to the paddock and saw that the car had been out on the track- Sam's worked hard on it and I'm just as stoked, if not more, that he's getting to drive it again as I am that I will be in eight days.