2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring - $6,500, new brakes + extras

A marketplace for buying and selling
Camaro67racer
WHRRI Member Number: 2648

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring - $6,500, new brakes + extras

Post by Camaro67racer » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:14 pm

Link to CL ad with photos: https://annarbor.craigslist.org/cto/d/2 ... 84025.html

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring, $6,500.

This Mazda MX-5 Miata is the top level Grand Touring model with a 6-speed manual transmission. Runs and drives great! I would not hesitate to take this car anywhere.

Grand Touring trim means it has heated leather seats, Bose premium sound system, 17-inch wheels, and other things like steering wheel controls, power windows and locks, etc.

It also has the Premium Package #1 option that includes: Xenon HID headlights; Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) with Traction Control System; Limited-slip rear differential; Mazda Advanced Keyless Entry System; antitheft alarm.

A/C blows cold.

I just installed new brake pads and rotors on both the front and rear. All brake caliper carriages were cleaned and lubed like they should be. Brake system was bled so it has fresh brake fluid, too.

It has a fresh oil and filter change with Mobil1 synthetic and Wix filter.

It also has a K&N high-flow engine air filter that is reusable/rechargeable.

I bought this car in 2014 with 108k miles on it and used it as a daily driver so it now has 141,258 miles on it. I love this car, but a new job and now a long commute means it's time for a new owner. Clean and clear title.

The car comes with two proximity keys that you can keep in your pocket or purse. It locks and unlocks with a button on the door handle. Starting the car, you just turn a knob (where a key would go) once the car automatically detects the key is present. It's really handy.

Comes with a RoadsterSport muffler on it. It is not much louder than stock, just changes the exhaust note to a better, slightly deeper tone.

The car was originally from Utah. It is in very good mechanical condition. I have regularly changed the oil with Mobil1 synthetic and Wix filters. All of the hinges and suspension bushings got lubed at each oil change. I have a log of every drop of gas that has went into the car since I've owned it and maintenance performed.

I have had the engine VVT actuator (OE Mazda parts) replaced so it doesn't make the tick-tick-tick noise at start up that nearly all of the 2006 and 2007 cars did (there was a service bulletin from Mazda on this). We also replaced the timing chain, tensioner, and guides. All Mazda OE parts.

Cosmetically, the car has been driven and loved. It has not been in an accident, but it does have its share of chips, small dings, and scratches. From 10 feet away, the car looks good, but upon close inspection, you can see the imperfections. I just don't want anyone to come and expect a perfect car. She has been driven and enjoyed!

The interior is in good shape overall. The leather seats have some wear, but it is very minor in comparison to how many of these cars car look. I cleaned and conditioned the leather at least once a year. Everyone of these cars with this color interior has the plastic around the window switches change color from the sun. Has a nice set of Lloyds floor mats.

The fabric soft top is in good functioning condition. No rips or leaks. It does have black stipes on it from the adhesive bleeding through, which was another common thing with the first few years of the NC MX-5.

The car currently has winter tires on it and will need to have summer tires put on it before driving. The summer tires were worn out and disposed before the winter tires went on it. The winter tires are good to use for another season or maybe two. I stopped daily driving this in the beginning of April, but have periodically driven it since to keep the fluids moving. Just getting around to selling it now.

I do have the "Sport" Bilstein shocks and springs that will come with the car. This did not have the Sport option and there isn't anything wrong with the current shocks or springs. I thought I would eventually change over to the Sport suspension, but was happy with the non-Sport ride.

I also have the very rare Mazda OE removable hard top, painted at the Mazda factory (Brilliant Black). That is available for an additional $1,800 (MSRP is $3,153) to the buyer of the car. I will not sell it separately until the car sells if the buyer doesn't want it.

Please email with any questions or to come and see the car. $6,500 obo.
Jon Yanca

T4 MX-5
Spec Miata