Race 4 entries

Official Information about WHRRI racing, straight from the BOD and Chiefs of Specialties
John McFarland

Race 4 entries

Post by John McFarland »

I was planning on making the trip up to Waterford for the first time for Race #4. Here we are less than a month away and I see only eight (8!) entries on Motorsportsreg.

I hope that there are an awful lot of season entries because it's looking kind of meek at this point. Not sure I want to make a 3 1/2 hour trek to race against two other cars!

Please reassure me there will be a full paddock!

John
ITA NX2000
John McFarland
ITA Nissan NX2000
surratta
WHRRI Member Number: 2595

Re: Race 4 entries

Post by surratta »

I'm looking for (and failing to find) information on when the registrations from race 3 came in. it normally does ramp up a lot about a week or so prior to the event. maybe Suzy (registration chair) can find some better trend info for you. at this point, 8 entries doesn't sound alarming to me. in the last ten or so years, the lousiest weekend I can recall in terms of entries was still in the 60s. not sure what regional or majors events we might be up against for race 4.

so bottom line, I'm probably not helping you make your decision here. furthermore, I won't even be there on saturday night to offer you beer! are you planning to come to the IT Invitational?
Andrew Surratt, Resident Troll
John McFarland

Post by John McFarland »

No I'll be at Gingerman running the Chump weekend. I just want to head up to the track and check it out. I have tossed around for years joining WHRRI because of the cost effectiveness. So this is my chance between family and work commitments.
John McFarland
ITA Nissan NX2000
JRogers
WHRRI Member Number: 2769

Post by JRogers »

Hi John,

There are also entries from folks that purchased the season race package that sometimes don't show up until a few days before. Group 5 has been averaging probably 15 cars per weekend, and we've had anywhere from 3 to 6 ITA cars in the group. Hope to see you at the track!

Jon Rogers - #55 Orange Neon (ITA)
John McFarland

Post by John McFarland »

Registered yesterday. Had to register as a different number than I usually run. I sent a note to the registrar to get my "07"
John McFarland
ITA Nissan NX2000
JRogers
WHRRI Member Number: 2769

Post by JRogers »

Awesome! Hey, drag some of your fellow Ohio ITA people up with you!
John McFarland

Post by John McFarland »

Well, two are running for STL, one for STU and another is in pieces in the garage. Then I bought one of them myself. That's the up in the air car. Not sure if its going to be a Chump car or remain an ITA car. My friend Bob will be running it for now with the plans for my son to take it over. The plan right now is to Chump it. This trip to Waterford may change our minds and we both may try running here next season together in ITA.
John McFarland
ITA Nissan NX2000