ITS tires

Official Information about WHRRI racing, straight from the BOD and Chiefs of Specialties
Randy
WHRRI Member Number: 2564

ITS tires

Post by Randy »

Is there an interest amongst the ITS drivers to reinstate the rule that A6's can't be used if you want to qualify for championship points?
Randy Shaw
#4, SM, STL & ITS
Matthias Ochs

Re: ITS tires

Post by Matthias Ochs »

I am supporting the request!
Greg Blastic
WHRRI Member Number: 2412

Post by Greg Blastic »

I'd support it as well but not sure I qualify as a "voting member" as I let my membership go last year. I do plan on getting back up to speed (pun intended)this year.
I think it's a good idea if someone in good standing can spearhead the movement.......Randy?
Randy

Post by Randy »

Greg can you check with Bruce, Lynn and Charlie? I'm sure that Christian and Greg would be okay with it also.
Randy Shaw
#4, SM, STL & ITS
Greg Blastic

Post by Greg Blastic »

Charlie is pretty much indifferent, although he does like running quicker on the A's and feels the #51 is better set up for the A's.
Lynn likes the "R" or I guess, no "A" rule.
I'm sure Bruce has been reading this and I can't/won't answer for him. I'm sure he'll pipe in at some point.
Randy

Post by Randy »

The question becomes....Does anybody object to reinstating the No "A" rule for ITS points?
Randy Shaw
#4, SM, STL & ITS
SeniorPBA2B

Post by SeniorPBA2B »

If y'all decide to do this, you should be able to sell your used A-6's to the autocrossers in the neighborhood. We'd certainly be interested in buying some 225/45R15's for "The Grape" and maybe some 205/50R15's.

Jim
"Tough times don't last ... tough people do."
Greg Blastic

Post by Greg Blastic »

That's the problem, there's no such thing as "old A" tires for us. :shock:
CBCook

Post by CBCook »

For what it’s worth, my vote is to continue the ban on A-rated tires.

I think we would all like to improve car counts and the extra cost requirement to be competitive may keep some folks away who are on the bubble. Although we don’t currently have a lot of cross-over, the NASA Nationals are at Mid-Ohio this year and I know of plenty of folks who are intrigued by the NASA option because of that release. I’ve been doing my best to preach the “Waterford Hills Gospel” as I find the combination of people, track and proximity to be second to none. Hopefully, I’ll be able to bring in a few converts.

On the personal front, I don’t really care to blow my racing budget on tires and the A’s are only good for approximately 1 weekend, so that’s ~1k per weekend or $6k+ for the season. However, I’ll admit, that a bit biased…

On the flipside, used A tires make great tire swings for kids and by allowing them, we'ed create a lot of swings!
stevesteeb

Post by stevesteeb »

Just a quick HEADS-UP! We agreed at last night's Comp. Board Meeting to consider extending the ban on Hoosier A Tires in ITS for another season if one of you will present a proposal and show us a general consensus. Looks like one of those deals where we would gain more drivers with the ban than we would scare away without it... Thanks for your work on this - we look forward from hearing from one of you OFFICIALLY in the next few weeks.

steve
greendot
WHRRI Member Number: 1444

Post by greendot »

I would just as soon allow the Hoosier A tires back. If the concensus is to continue the ban on the A tire I will certainly live with that.
Bruce
Sheldon Cooper "Leonard, friends are like toilet paper. It's good to have spares under the sink."
alexgoesracing

Post by alexgoesracing »

Hello all you great racing heads! I would like to see the A6's back. Then I might come and join in on the fun! But what do I know :mrgreen:
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/ACP-A ... 5030048741
#98 BMW 325
2009/2010 ITA Champion
2010 Overall Champion
2011 ITS Champion
2013 STU Champion
2014 STU Champion

Alex Pagani
CBCook

Post by CBCook »

And give up your dominance of ITA to play with the real boys? (and yes, that was a challenge; it's been too long since I wet 5 turns side-by-side with a white BMW)
alexgoesracing

Post by alexgoesracing »

Yeah, I remember that! Good times, good times. You might get your wish. 8)
#98 BMW 325
2009/2010 ITA Champion
2010 Overall Champion
2011 ITS Champion
2013 STU Champion
2014 STU Champion

Alex Pagani
Greg Blastic

Post by Greg Blastic »

So who's spearheading any "A" ban? Randy, Christian?
So far, from this thread or people I've talked to, this is what it looks like:

Ban the Hoosier "A"
Randy Shaw
Christian Cook
Matthias Ochs
Greg Blastic
Lynn Kraft
Greg Steen
Rob Martin

Keep the Open DOT Rule
Alex Pagani (if you decide to step it up 8) )
Bruce Wentzel (Steve Djelebian)

Charlie Tobel and Joe Calabrese can take it or leave it. What about Seth Rowley, Liz Hammond, Mike Ofiara?
Robert Robinson

Post by Robert Robinson »

CBCook wrote:And give up your dominance of ITA to play with the real boys? (and yes, that was a challenge; it's been too long since I wet 5 turns side-by-side with a white BMW)
Now that's enjoying racing.
alexgoesracing

Post by alexgoesracing »

Greg, in the list of people you have banning the A, I haven't heard from Lynn, Greg, or Rob Martin on this. And the jury is still out on your vote! You racing? :oops:
#98 BMW 325
2009/2010 ITA Champion
2010 Overall Champion
2011 ITS Champion
2013 STU Champion
2014 STU Champion

Alex Pagani
Greg Blastic

Post by Greg Blastic »

Yes, I'm racing! What I'm racing, I don't know yet but rest assured, I'll be in an ITS car.
I did speak with Lynn and Rob. I'm inferring from Christians post that Greg Steen would hold his position from last year.
Probably too late anyway if no one feels strongly enough about it to take the leadership role. I don't.
alexgoesracing

Post by alexgoesracing »

Awesome! Love you as an announcer, but I love u more as a racer bro. BTW you know I'm just kidding around with you right?
#98 BMW 325
2009/2010 ITA Champion
2010 Overall Champion
2011 ITS Champion
2013 STU Champion
2014 STU Champion

Alex Pagani
Randy

Post by Randy »

So what do we need to do to make it official. Still should be great racing, but will keep the costs down.

:lol: I'm trying to figure out how to hold my fenders on with velcro so that I can start running in the open wheel groups also! :lol:
Randy Shaw
#4, SM, STL & ITS