VOLUNTEERS!!! Race weekend 2

Bench racing, smack talking, and general chit chat
bmurphy210
WHRRI Member Number: 1727

VOLUNTEERS!!! Race weekend 2

Post by bmurphy210 »

Hey Everyone,
We're expecting a very crowded paddock next race. Danny got Bowman Chevrolet to lend us a van to take spectators and crew up and down paddock road. We need several volunteers to take a turn at driving the van. Ideally it will be people who are not racing , but I think we are going to have to beg racers, too, to take a turn at the wheel. I'd love to have 2 hour shifts between 10 AM and 6 PM both days, but if you can donate an hour, we'll take it. It's a good way to meet people and a great way to give back to the club. If you can give us some time, respond here, I'll make a list.
Brian Murphy
surratta
WHRRI Member Number: 2595

Re: VOLUNTEERS!!! Race weekend 2

Post by surratta »

I'll take a shift one or both days after group 1 is done.
Andrew Surratt, Resident Troll
bmurphy210

Post by bmurphy210 »

We will sweeten the pot a little: Volunteers will get needed worker hours. Remember, novice drivers need worker hours to upgrade their license!
Brian
WHRRI Member Number: 1843

Post by Brian »

Judi and I can help out on either or both days...
"A nation which makes great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."

Thucydides, 460 B.C.
nsxgal

Post by nsxgal »

Hi Brian,
I talked to my Brian last night about this, and unless there are a ton of people chomping at the bit to drive the shuttle, the two of us can cover both days.
Let us know your thoughts. We want to make this as easy for you as possible.
Judi Bennett
Total car gal
bmurphy210

Post by bmurphy210 »

Judi,
Both of you are awesome! You're on, let me know if you get tired of it. I'll be in paddock spot 146 to sign for your work hours.
Brian Murphy
nsxgal

Post by nsxgal »

Hi Brian,
We are assuming a 10:00 go time on Saturday, since people can walk up to the paddock before cars on course.
I am hoping that going to your paddock spot will get us the answers to where the van will be for us to get things going.
FWIW, we will be there on Friday for the test day as we will be supporting Vaughan Scott who will be testing.
He is not participating during the weekend, but is in car Prototype 2, # 25, and I'm assuming he will be paddocked at pit in.
If you are there, come over and say hi! Since testing starts at noon, we will probably be there close to 11:00-11:30.

Thanks so much,
Judi
Judi Bennett
Total car gal