bit of crap news

Bench racing, smack talking, and general chit chat
surratta
WHRRI Member Number: 2595

bit of crap news

Post by surratta » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:23 pm

I just read the following on facebook, posted by Karen Long Hintze:
PLEASE say a prayer for Randy Smith and Jen Jarvi Smith. Randy's brave struggle is unfortunately coming to an end. He is with Hospice at this time and is being kept as comfortable as possible. Jenny is by his side and asked me to share the information with their WHRRI family. I will share more information as it is received. Godspeed to you my friend.
Andrew Surratt, Resident Troll

Bruce Race

Re: bit of crap news

Post by Bruce Race » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:32 pm

I took my first race school with Randy......Good member, and friend of the club....... will be remembered (in video), as He and I "Raced" each other in our promotional video, (that scrolls on our website and at the shows). I became involved with the B.O.D., by his referral...... My prayers to Him, Jen, and the family - Bruce MacDonald, D.O.R.
Last edited by Bruce Race on Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brian
WHRRI Member Number: 1843

Post by Brian » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:41 pm

Thanks for letting us know Andrew, this is sad news indeed......
"A nation which makes great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."

Thucydides, 460 B.C.

Joe Harburn
WHRRI Member Number: 2449

Post by Joe Harburn » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:00 pm

Randy my friend I love you like a brother, You did so much for me in the short time we raced together, god speed my friend. Jenny anything I can do for you ever let me know Im always here for you.

With Love and Sympathy
The Harburns
810 444 8537
Joe Harburn
F-500 #33

surratta

Post by surratta » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:34 pm

from Karen Long Hintze on FB:
It is with a heavy heart that I have been asked to share the obituary for our friend Randy Smith. We look forward to sharing fond memories with everyone on Wednesday.

http://www.donelsonjohnsevans.com/Obitu ... spx?ID=669

Joel Hershoren
WHRRI Member Number: 1361

Post by Joel Hershoren » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:10 pm

For those of you visiting on Wednesday to honor Randy Smith. In typical " under the influence of Randy " form, i joked how tempted i was to wear a Hawaiian Shirt. Well, Jen Jarvi Smith actually laughed, and not only approves, but encourages this sordid behavior. If you saw Randy at an awards banquet, yes he cleaned up as well as anybody and better than most. If you saw Randy any other time like say,Turn 6, it was loud shirts only. So, in the spirit of " Delightfully inappropriate" wear a loud shirt for Randy if you are comfy with the idea. If you choose not, that's o.k. too, but remember ,he would probably heckle you for it. Stay tuned for for a Special Race weekend 1 announcement to follow in the coming days.

surratta

Post by surratta » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:13 pm

says Brian Bennett:
My favorite picture of Randy is actually mostly of Butch, right after they drove the purple boostmonster on some lunchtime touring laps.
I think they had fun :mrgreen:
The BOOST Brothers.JPG