Thoughts, Hearts, Prayers

Bench racing, smack talking, and general chit chat
r.ranville

Thoughts, Hearts, Prayers

Post by r.ranville » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:45 pm

In May and June we spent 5 weeks moving our daughter and son in law into their first house in south St. Petersburg. Late Sunday and early Monday it will be in the way of the strength of the hurricane. Many of us have friends and family and racing family in the way in Florida. Our thoughts, hearts and prayers go out to all.
You might as well go fast; it'll go by fast anyway.

fastbackss

Re: Thoughts, Hearts, Prayers

Post by fastbackss » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:34 pm

For sure - thoughts are with them.

In-laws are also in St.Petersburg, with 3 residences amongst the family. Interestingly 2 are in the first zone to evacuate, with 1 in the next to last zone to evacuate.

One specific family member was refusing to go, despite the "order." Seems like opinion was changed late yesterday and they ventured further north. The others will be hunkering down. They are near the highway so it is "built up" a little bit, well as much as it can be down there anyway.

Bruce Race

Post by Bruce Race » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:18 am

Us too.....good friends & family down in the path. Some have relocated in Georgia.......some not......Our prayers too.....Bruce & Colleen MacDonald

r.ranville

Post by r.ranville » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:58 am

Since I brought it up: My son in law called me late Monday night from their house; it was untouched, not even the garbage cans moved. The house behind them was crushed by a large fallen tree. There was, apparently, no flooding in south St. Pete.
You might as well go fast; it'll go by fast anyway.

Brian
WHRRI Member Number: 1843

Post by Brian » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:22 pm

Glad to hear it!
"A nation which makes great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."

Thucydides, 460 B.C.